Saturday, September 24, 2011

Upcycled Work Trunk

I do not have any before pictures but, I thought it would be nice to showcase this piece anyway. A friend of mine gave me this piece with several others, in exchange for painting some furniture for her. I am not quite finished with the furniture, but Erin if you are reading I have not forgotten you or your adirondack chairs. She found this in a home her husband flipped. It was built in the 1920's and the man of the house was a shoe repairman. This was his work trunk. I turned it into a coffee table. I think it's adorable and is for sale in my shop!




I even left the hooks he used for his tools.


Knowing the history behind this piece makes me like it even more. I love History, every aspect of it. At one time when I first started college, I was even going to school to be a history teacher. Then life sent me in a diffrent direction hmm.......

Have a good rest of the weekend!









1 comment: